Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vita Mix, Gotta Getcha One


Here's the new toy at Providence Farm, a Vita mix. I got it last week and have used it at least three times a day since. It seems a little odd that I recommend a $500 machine when I'm supposed to be teaching frugality, doesn't it?
But between the health benefits,which we notice already, and the ability to function as many appliances in one, the vita mix will save in the long run.
We usually throw whole fruits and veggies in for smoothies, but two nights ago, I had made peanut butter and some was left in the machine. I woke up, pulled the container out of the fridge, added cocoa powder, sugar, milk, and ice, and we had a Reese's peanut butter cup smoothie! Now that beats healthy food any day. And it still wasn't very unhealthy. Even dessert in the vita mix is health food!
I chopped onions, rinsed, then whipped up a fruit smoothie, (with no residual onion flavor ; ) all within five minutes.
In one week, I've made:
Smoothies and vegetable drinks
Sorbet
Ice cream
Bread dough
Hash browns
Coleslaw
Salsa
Peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment