Monday, October 10, 2011

Microwave Monday


Menu Monday. It's what all the cool blogging homemakers celebrate.
But not us, we're having Microwave Monday, because today Katie shared an important discovery about our microwave:
"Hey Mom. Have you ever noticed that when you look up in the top of our microwave, there's a shape like Oklahoma?"

Hmmm, so there is!

My *plan* for our weekly menu is:

Monday: Chicken with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and some vegetable from the freezer.
Tuesday: Chili and cornbread (since the weather will be cold and rainy.)
Wednesday: Chicken and dumplings (still cold and rainy.)
Thursday: Turkey cutlets with apple cider and apricot glaze, noodles, and sweet potatoes.
Friday: Some easy pasta dish with a salad.
Saturday: Salmon (which I'm going to try to have once a week, hoping that its DHA makes my brain smarter) with big baked potatoes, steamed veggies, and a salad, for the hungry soccer players to eat while they wait for their dinner to be ready.
Sunday: Shepherd's pie, wondrous carrots, broccoli slaw, and homemade bread.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand seeing Oklahoma in your microwave. But who in the world comes up with menu's a week in advance? I've definitely missed a planning gene somewhere...Let me find that chapter in "Sink Reflections" and do some in depth studying. On a serious note, your weekly menu sounds delicious. Can I steal it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you certainly may steal it. I recommend bailing out to go grocery shopping so someone else cooks it while you're gone!
    After you look through Sink Reflections, go ahead to www.savingdinner.com and get a free sample of her menu mailer. I use it, but I also radically mofify it.

    ReplyDelete