Monday, September 23, 2013

When it Rains, it Pours


I saw a likely prospect for a trailer on Craigslist Friday night and asked Big Dan if he wanted to go check it out. It looked pretty, and it was the price I decided must be paid for a trailer that works. (Not considerably more than a model with bad tires or no floor.)

Before we left Saturday morning, I providentially checked craigslist again. There in front of my eyes stood the fuzziest, most adorable little Highland calf who I needed to have.

We drove with the truck to the trailer place, made fast friends with the excellent young couple selling the trailer, wrote a check , hitched up, and headed to the farm with the fuzzy calf.

I'm overwhelmed with good and happy farm excitement. Piglets, a long awaited trailer, and a sweet bottle baby for a new pet.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what's more exciting, the calf or the trailer. Congratulations on both.

    ReplyDelete