Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chocolate Chip





A whole lot of stuff has happened on the farm since I last blogged, most of it bad.
I'm just recovering from a pinched nerve which I inflicted upon myself while trying to do gymnastics with the youngsters.

The tide has turned however, and yesterday morning we awoke to Margaret's newly born chocolate colored calf. Margaret is much too young to be calving, so it's a special blessing that he's healthy and her birth went well.
I wish that he would stay brown, but I imagine he'll turn black as he ages.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh, you really think he'll turn black? He's adorable. Makes me want cows. I just love him. When I saw the first picture I thought it was a baby goat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about the pinched nerve! Painful!

    That calf is cute!

    ReplyDelete