Monday, August 17, 2009

Delicious Cake, Or High Fiber Serving of Veggies?


Here's my successful attempt at shameless trickery practiced upon my hapless four year old nephew.
I made up the recipe as I went, and didn't measure precisely, but I'll give some info and you should be able to recreate the cake.
In the Vitamix, I pureed a cup of carrots,
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
a little goat milk to get the carrots smoother
2 eggs
some orange oil and vanilla


In the other part of the Vitamix, I ground into flour a total of:
1 1/2 cups oats and Prarie Gold wheat
1 tsp powder
1/2 tsp soda
salt
nutmeg
cinnamon

350 for 30 minutes in a buttered bundt pan.

I could have added a little flax, but I didn't want to press my luck.
The last piece is waiting for Grandfather to wake up and eat it.
He'd better get up soon is all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment