Monday, April 5, 2010

My Precious


Here's the best little heifer ever born, Precious! For some reason I'm never carrying the camera when she's looking photogenic. But when I went out to get this, she woke up from her nap and struck a pose before running to her mom, Elizabeth (in the background.)
One of the best things about Precious' birth is that Lizzy lets us milk her. We can walk up to her in the field and just milk. Sadly, she doesn't have much left over after Presh has had her fill. I'd like to put mom and baby cow in the pen and feed mom grain so she can produce more, but I have two sheep in there right now. One is being imprisoned so I can see her lamb. The other is being imprisoned so I don't have to catch her again to shear her.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! She is so cute! I can understand why you call her "Precious".

    ReplyDelete