Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Nemesis

Although she is a teenage girl, Becky is not my nemesis. This pool is.

I have been in it one time so far, for approximately 5 minutes on the day it was 114 degree heat index. It didn't feel very refreshing. It felt warm.

Mostly, I just spend lots of time and energy trying to perfectly balance the water.

Cub Creek with its snakes and other frightening beasties is looking better all the time.

If anyone wonders, this is a total of 3'6 deep and 16' across. It holds about 4,000 gallons, which we bought from WEL inc. in Concord.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love swimming! I better have a pool when I finally have a house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about time spent on the pool chemicals! It can become a real headache!!

    I spent my 30 and early 40 years as a lifeguard and swimming instructor at the local YMCA. Balancing the ph and adding the chemicals was part of the job.

    ReplyDelete