Both of my soap making readers know that rebatching means taking already made soap, shredding it, adding liquid, and stirring to make soap with it again. This would normally be done to add pretty flowers which wouldn't look so pretty after a lye bath. It could also be done if you were a very bad soap maker and left a chunk of undissolved lye in your original recipe. I figured out what had gone wrong, but the weird part is, the soap had turned immediately into a thick soap, only to separate later. I took the soap out of the mold and tore it apart by hand since it was still soft, took the chunk of lye out, and heated it on the stove till it was pourable. I have no idea the fate of it from here on out. The color is so ugly I think it would make a nice gift for Shrek and Fiona. But it smells nice.