Thursday, March 19, 2009

No more pictures till I go to Wal Mart

My children lent my camera batteries to a friend, and now I have to make a trip to Lynchburg before I can share more visual stimuli with you.
We had a speck of lovely spring weather before the rain appeared again. It was nice while it lasted.
This week started off about as bad as it can get with a pit bull starving to death on a chain right in Appomattox. Surprisingly, things went downhill from there.
Our good friend who sold us the 65 acres died today at the age of 37. John had surgery for pancreatic cancer last Monday and never recovered. He leaves behind a wife and four children.
Knowing that there was a person on this earth as good and fair and honest as John made life better for everyone who knew him.
The whole town is grieving and we're all in a state of shock.
So I may not be posting till I get some semblance of normalcy back.
Oh, and I also have a scratchy sore throat from pollen, so I'm extra cranky.
Maybe next time I post, I'll have beautiful peach blossoms to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment