Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Pigs of Providence Farm




Don't we have the best pigs you've ever seen? Wilbur and Fern are so much fun, and so darn happy! Today, Fern (the black and white one) learned to grab the hose and spray herself and make mud. She also drank from it while I held it, like we used to do when we were kids. Remember that rubbery tasting water that was refreshing anyway because you were just so hot and sweaty? It's a good thing we learn to save up all our energy instead of wasting it like we did when we were kids ; )

For those of you who are new to the blog, the pigs are for meat. I don't like that, but I'm going to eat pork, and since Fern and Wilbur were going to be born, live, and be eaten, I'd rather that they have a good life while it lasts, and as humane an end as possible. After seeing how pigs are meant to live, I can't eat grocery store pork, and I hope my pig post will persuade you to buy pastured meat (unless you're a vegetarian!)

No comments:

Post a Comment